[lxc-users] Facing container freezes again

Lukas Schulze lspcity at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:27:16 UTC 2014

HISTORY:

After increasing the limits for opened files on the host and containers the
number of container freezes decreased, but still occurs.
The container don't react on lxc-console or ssh sessions and some services
in the container stop working, but other still work. Delivering a web page
does still work, but receiving an e-mail with postfix no longer works.

It is really frustrating to don't get lxc working without freezes.

My host system and containers are still up-to-date debians.

Any system information can be found on
https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2014-July/007383.html
and
https://lists.linuxcontainers.org/pipermail/lxc-users/2014-September/007762.html

CURRENT PROBLEM:

A few weeks ago a container stopped working again and I still had an opened
ssh session.
I was able to start new processes and even restart the service ssh, but I
could not open a second ssh session to this container.
When I restarted the network service my opened session closed and the
container was not responding anymore. So I had to restart the container.

The current freezes seems to correlate with the network interfaces. But
till now I couldn't figure out any problems.

Host /etc/network/interfaces
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
auto br0
iface br0 inet static
  address 10.1.1.254
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  bridge_ports none

Client config
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lxc.network.type = veth
lxc.network.name = veth12
lxc.network.flags = up
lxc.network.link = br0
lxc.network.veth.pair = veth12-sid
lxc.network.ipv4 = 10.1.1.12/24
lxc.network.ipv4.gateway = 10.1.1.254

On https://wiki.debian.org/LXC/SimpleBridge they use a lot more parameters.
What are your configuration options for virtual networking and bridges?
Is my configuration correct? Am I missing something?

Are there any other good tutorials for configuring virtual networks for lxc?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Lukas