[lxc-users] iSCSI session initiation inside a container

Jason Harley jharley at redmind.ca
Fri Nov 7 20:41:53 UTC 2014

I’ve been successfully running KVM in an unrestricted container for some months now.  Yesterday I tried to attach an iSCSI device to a VM running in a container, and discovered that there’s some trickery here involving NETLINK namespaces.

I’ve found a few old mailing list posts (one with a patch submitted in 2012[1]) of people running into this same issue and am wondering if there is a solution available (confirmed or in testing), or if one is on the horizon?  The LXD announcement seems to suggest this is a problem on the project’s radar as well.\

I’m running kernel 3.13.0-39 and LXC 1.0.6-0ubuntu0.1.  Does anyone have a method for giving a privileged container access to initiate iSCSI sessions?

./JRH

1: http://copilotco.com/mail-archives/open-iscsi.2012/msg00020.html