[lxc-users] 1.0.3 on Debian 7.5 not consistent with documentation

Nikola Kotur kotnick at gmail.com
Thu May 22 09:33:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, 21 May 2014 18:05:44 +0800
coolnodje <coolnodje at gmail.com> wrote:

> I realize there's no template coming with your Debian packaging
> (/usr/share/lxc/templates is empty).
> Was it intentional?

Yes, I don't need templates, so I didn't add them to the package.

In case you do want to build them, add this to debian/control:

https://gist.github.com/kotnik/48ca8d5145854d096a83

> I was also wondering why dpkg made me install dnsmasq-base (how does
> it compare to dnsmasq?) but not dnsmasq, which is needed with for the
> default /etc/default/lxc-net config.

dnsmasq-base package contains the executable and documentation, dnsmasq
is just the tooling needed to run it as a daemon.

--
Nikola Kotur

http://blog.kotur.org
https://onename.io/kotnik