[lxc-users] We need a lxc-top utility

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed May 21 15:16:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 01:56:54PM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
>> Quoting CDR (venefax at gmail.com):
>> > Wrong, that RPM was in Fedora, in Ubuntu I connected to a repository.
>> > But "lxc-top" is not there.
>> > How do I get that utility?
>>
>> sudo apt-get install lua-lxc
>>
>> Yeah that really should be more discoverable...
>
> Note that this only works with the PPA builds, not with what's in the
> distro as lxc-top or the binding (can't remember) depends on a lua
> module which isn't packaged.

Did you mean alt_getopt.lua?

> For the PPA I just bundle it in the
> packaging but this hack isn't suitable for the distro itself, so as long
> as it's not packaged we won't be able to ship lxc-top by default in
> Ubuntu.

texlive-base includes it on its own private path, and it's on "main" section

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?mode=exactfilename&suite=trusty&section=all&arch=any&keywords=alt_getopt.lua&searchon=contents
/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/scripts/lua-alt-getopt/alt_getopt.lua

Is there a particular reason it's allowed to do so while lxc isn't?

--
Fajar