[lxc-users] We need a lxc-top utility

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Wed May 21 14:55:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 01:56:54PM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting CDR (venefax at gmail.com):
> > Wrong, that RPM was in Fedora, in Ubuntu I connected to a repository.
> > But "lxc-top" is not there.
> > How do I get that utility?
>
> sudo apt-get install lua-lxc
>
> Yeah that really should be more discoverable...

Note that this only works with the PPA builds, not with what's in the
distro as lxc-top or the binding (can't remember) depends on a lua
module which isn't packaged. For the PPA I just bundle it in the
packaging but this hack isn't suitable for the distro itself, so as long
as it's not packaged we won't be able to ship lxc-top by default in
Ubuntu.