[lxc-users] We need a lxc-top utility

István Király LaKing at D250.hu
Wed May 21 02:07:18 UTC 2014

Hello CDR, ..

If your containers are accessible over ssh, you can iterate through the
containers and run a top or top-like command in each of them. You might
need unique users though.

 for C in $(lxc-ls)
 do
 ssh $C "top -n 1"
 sleep 1
 done

On the other hand, yes, it would be practical to see this directly on the
top of the host.
I think with a proper UID and GID mapping that should be possible somehow.

As long we do not have unprivileged containers, and GID / UID mappings, we
are still in development IMO.

https://github.com/LaKing/Fedora-scripts

greetings, ...

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:07 AM, CDR <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Friends
> I have 20+ containers with the same programs running. All of them are
> cpu-intensive. But one of them is eating way more CPU than the
> average. With "top" I have no idea which container "owns" that
> program. Perhaps we need a new "lxc-top" that would identify the
> process and the container, and maybe allow to sort by container-cpu or
> memory, or show cpu-container, memory-container, etc.
>
> Philip

Király István
+36 209 753 758
LaKing at D250.hu