[lxc-users] Older Ubuntu Template - Natty 11.04

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Thu May 15 09:28:47 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 4:25 PM, TuxRaiderPen
<tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com>wrote:

> On Sunday, May 11, 2014 01:57:29 Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> > Scratch that. The current template should work without any changes if
> > you specify --mirror.
> >
> > # lxc-create -n natty-test -t ubuntu -- -r natty --mirror
> > http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu
>
> That will WORK, with ONE CHANGE:
>
> line 241 in the ubuntu template MUST BE CHANGED to:
>
> SECURITY_MIRROR=${SECURITY_MIRROR:-http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu}
>
> Otherwise it will FAIL to create when it tries to get security updates.
>
> BUG??? The security mirror doesn't use the cmd line arguement it appears ??

Not really. From the template file:
    --mirror)       MIRROR=$2; shift 2;;
    --security-mirror) SECURITY_MIRROR=$2; shift 2;;

It's a different parameter.

Then again, I don't think security mirror will do you any good in this case
as you're running EOLed release.

--
Fajar