[lxc-users] lxc-1.0.3: lxc-start gets stuck

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Tue May 13 17:56:08 UTC 2014

Quoting Harald Dunkel (harald.dunkel at aixigo.de):
> Hi folks,
>
> Using the HEAD of the stable-1.0 branch:
>
> Sometimes lxc-start gets stuck. I haven't found a reliable
> way to reproduce this (yet), but it seems to be related to
> starting and stopping a lot of almost identical LXCs in
> parallel without sleep in between (e.g. 8 containers with
> Centos 6.x).
>
> Does this ring a bell somewhere? Every helpful comment is
> highly appreciated

I'm afraid it doesn't ring a bell for me.    Can you reproduce it
with the lxc-test-concurrent test program?  Can you reproduce it
with any other guests?  Does it still happen if you do something
like

for i in `seq 1 8`; do
	lxc-create -t centos -n x$i
done

for i in `seq 1 8`; do
	lxc-start -d -n x$i -l trace -o out.$i &
done

or does the extra logging slow it down too much?  If it does
still happen then there might be clues in out.$i