[lxc-users] lxc-1.0.3: lxc-start gets stuck

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue May 13 15:30:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 17:03 +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,

> Using the HEAD of the stable-1.0 branch:

> Sometimes lxc-start gets stuck. I haven't found a reliable
> way to reproduce this (yet), but it seems to be related to
> starting and stopping a lot of almost identical LXCs in
> parallel without sleep in between (e.g. 8 containers with
> Centos 6.x).

> Does this ring a bell somewhere? Every helpful comment is
> highly appreciated

There certainly could be resource race conditions in there.  I've never
seen it myself but it wouldn't surprise me.  There were several reasons
why we implimented the "lxc.start.delay" option for lxc-autostart to use
to prevent too many containers trying to start simultaneously.

> Harri

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com