[lxc-users] NUMA and LXC

CDR venefax at gmail.com
Fri May 9 14:54:46 UTC 2014

I think we need to add a configuration to the global lxc.conf whereas
any given container may run only on one NUMA node, and if that is not
possible, it should not even start.

The performance for a container that is contained, so to speak, in  a
single NUMA node, should be much higher that a container that has its
processes all over the place.

I noticed this in Hyper-V virtual machines, where you may set this
restriction. The performance as measured by hdparm tT  --direct is
twice than a virtual machine started without this feature.

This is the distance between nodes, as reported by numactl --hardware

node distances:
node   0   1   2   3
  0:  10  20  20  20
  1:  20  10  20  20