[lxc-users] LXC Compilation fails under Suse Enterprise

Thorsten Behrens tbehrens at suse.com
Wed May 7 07:44:52 UTC 2014

CDR wrote:
> I was under the impression that the LXC group could make this compile
> under every major distribution.
> Is there any way somebody from the LXC group can research this with
> the Suse guys? They surely
> will talk to you people, but not to a customer,  unless I pay support fees.
> I  imagine I need to install a newer autconf or automake
>
>  rpm -qa | grep auto
> automake-1.10.1-4.131.9.1
> autoconf-2.63-1.158

Hi Philip,

for SLES, as with any enterprise Linux, either use the package
provided by the platform (lxc-0.8.0 in your case), request an update
(that usually has a price tag), or build it yourself. For the latter,
Leonid has a sensible suggestion - surely you don't want to run git
master in production?

FWIW, if you were looking into fedora - maybe opensuse 13.1 is an
option to consider. Stock lxc there is 0.9.0, with 1.0.3 slated to be
in 13.2. ;)

HTH,

-- Thorsten