[lxc-users] Failed to destroy domain, can't kill dhclient process

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Tue May 6 21:19:53 UTC 2014

Hi All,

First off -- I'm pretty new to lxc.

I couldn't find much info on this issue when searching though.

I'm creating lxc containers with virsh/libvirt.

When I go to destroy the domain, it fails because it can't kill a
dhclient instance. Seems like dhclient is getting started within the
lxc host every time a lxc domain/container is started.

eg.

# env | grep DEFAULT
VIRSH_DEFAULT_CONNECT_URI=lxc:///
# virsh destroy test5
error: Failed to destroy domain test5
error: Failed to kill process 9149: Permission denied
# ps ax  |grep 9149
 9149 ?        Ss     0:00 dhclient -1 -v -pf /run/dhclient.eth0.pid
-lf /var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases eth0
# kill -9 9149
# virsh destroy test5
Domain test5 destroyed

==

I'm guessing I have something misconfigured, but darned if I know
what...any thoughts would be helpful.

I don't think the dhclient should be running in the lxc host should it?

Thanks,
Curtis.

--
Twitter: @serverascode