[lxc-users] Made a few enhancements to centos templates

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 12 03:40:36 UTC 2014

Quoting Mingjiang Shi (mrjewes at gmail.com):
> Hi All,
> I use the Linux container to build test environment for my project, so I
> made the following enhancements to the centos templates to make it easier
> for me.
> 1. Added option to not expire the root password

yes please.

> 2. Added option to copy my host ssh public key to the container so that I
> can ssh the my containers without using password

yes please.

> 3. Added option to set static IP to the container

Should be fine.

> 4. Added a script to create a bunch of containers and setup the hosts files
> so that they can be accessed via hostname.

I don't understand where this fits into the template.  Are you intending
this as a separate tool or a part of the template?  Please send it
separately and we can discuss.

> All the above changes are disabled by default, i.e. one need to pass extra
> option to enable them.
>
> Let me know if those changes can be contributed back to upstream.  Thanks!

Definately.  Please sent patches with a Signed-off-by to the lxc-devel
mailing list, and we'll gratefully review.

-serge