[lxc-users] Cannot start container when lxc.cgroup.memory.* in config

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Fri Mar 7 11:36:45 UTC 2014

Le 07/03/2014 11:55, Jäkel, Guido a écrit :
> Your lxc-checkconfig says:
>
> 	>Cgroup memory controller: enabled
>
> But in the output of the mount command, the "memory" keyword is missing. You have to look for the reason.

Thanks Guido.

Actually, the Debian maintainer's documentation is quite misleading as it
states that « If you use a Debian wheezy kernel or newer, all of the
features are enabled including the resource controller. ».

The fact is you won't have this cgroup if you don't add the
"cgroup_enable=memory" to the kernel command line ! As stated in more recent
version of the Debian LXC package.

This did the trick for the lxc.cgroup.memory.limit_in_bytes control.
Unfortunately, the wheezy Debian kernel has not enabled CONFIG_MEMCG_SWAP
(does not even show up in the kernel config, may be this was not yet
implemented in 3.2 kernels) so memsw doesn't work :-(.

Anyway, my problem's solved, mostly ! Thanks.

phep