[lxc-users] Cannot start container when lxc.cgroup.memory.* in config

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Fri Mar 7 10:08:23 UTC 2014

Hi,

My host machine is an (admittedly) ageing Athlon AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2200+ on
an Asustek A7V8X-X MB. RAM is 1.5 G big and the swap partition is 3 Go. The
box is running a freshly updated Debian wheezy 7.4.

The host fstab has the following line :
cgroup          /sys/fs/cgroup  cgroup  defaults        0       0

The mount command displays this for cgroup :

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup type cgroup
(rw,relatime,perf_event,blkio,net_cls,freezer,devices,cpuacct,cpu,cpuset,clone_children)

lxc-checkconfig displays :
Kernel config /proc/config.gz not found, looking in other places...
Found kernel config file /boot/config-3.2.0-4-686-pae