[lxc-users] LXC auto start not working

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 9 15:16:47 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 10:57:13AM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-06-09 at 10:46 -0400, Shidan wrote:
> > I tried it both in the individual configuration files and the main
> > one. I actually can't get lxc-autostart to work even in a session as
> > the user that owns the container right now and lxc-ls is not
> > recognizing the options in the config file.
>
> Yeah, I strongly suspect you're not going to get lxc-autostart to work
> in a session due to what I found yesterday.  Stéphane and I are going to
> have to work something out, especially if I work on some changes to how
> lxcpath is parsed and managed, but that's all going to be a ways off.
> IAC, I think it's broken outside of using the host global lxcpath right
> now.

As I said earlier, I believe those are two entirely separate problems...

lxc-autostart as an unprivileged user itself works great:

stgraber at dakara:~$ lxc-ls -f
NAME           STATE    IPV4  IPV6  GROUPS  AUTOSTART
nsec-internet  STOPPED  -     -     a, d    NO
precise-gui    STOPPED  -     -     -       NO
utopic         STOPPED  -     -     -       YES

stgraber at dakara:~$ lxc-autostart

stgraber at dakara:~$ lxc-ls -f
NAME           STATE    IPV4  IPV6  GROUPS  AUTOSTART
nsec-internet  STOPPED  -     -     a, d    NO
precise-gui    STOPPED  -     -     -       NO
utopic         RUNNING  -     -     -       YES
stgraber at dakara:~$