[lxc-users] LXC leaking ptys?

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Thu Jul 10 09:09:31 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

is it possible that LXC is leaking ptys? I have seen it twice
by now that a "lxc-start -n centos65_host" got stuck. When I
tried to open another ssh session to the LXC server, then ssh
reported

	stdin: not a tty

I could login, though.

max_pty on the server is 4096; the containers are configured with
lxc.pts 1024.

The server is running 31 containers at the moment, so I wouldn't
be surprised to run into some limitation. But I wonder wth?
Shouldn't LXC print out some error message instead of going Guru?

Every helpful comment would be highly appreciated
Harri