[lxc-users] Fwd: Linux container network bandwidth

Divya Vyas edivya.vyas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:56:15 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am running multiple containers and I want to limit the network bandwidth.
But I am not getting the desired output. Here is my method:

1) echo 0x1001 > /sys/fs/cgroup/lxc/<containerA>/net_cls.classid

2) tc qdisc add dev br0 root handle 10: htb

3) tc class add dev br0 parent 10: classid 10:1 htb rate 40mbit

4) tc filter add dev br0 parent 10: protocol ip prio 10 handle 1: cgroup

5) Used iperf to test the network bandwidth but not showing the desired output.

I tried adding class to eth0 instead of br0 also but no change .

Is anybody tried this kind of feature? I am not sure whether my
testing procedure is wrong .

Thanks,

Divya