[lxc-users] lxc-create for ubuntu container fails in Fedora 20

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Jul 2 17:54:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-07-02 at 15:23 +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Ajith Adapa <ajith.adapa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using the lxc version 1.0.3 from rawhide and it is working fine
> > in creating centos and debian containers in fedora 20.
> >
> > Issue only seems to be with ubuntu container in fedora 20.
>
> Well, you can try:
> - editing the template manually, see why it uses debian's mirrors
> instead of ubuntu. OR

It's "not" using the debian mirrors.  More precisely (excuse the pun)
it's using debootstrap which defaults to using the debian mirror at
mirrors.kernel.org and that seems to be broken.

> - try using "lxc-create ... -- --mirror=... --security-mirror=..."
> (and point it to a working ubuntu mirror. OR
> - use the download template. 1.0.3 should have it already. It should
> give you a list of distro/version to choose from.

It's broken in debootstrap for certain revs.  It's not an LXC problem
per se.

> --
> Fajar

Regards,