[lxc-users] Stopping a container

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Jan 17 15:04:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:43 PM, David Shwatrz <dshwatrz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any ideas about this error message of lxc-attach ?

IIRC lxc-attach was broken on older versions of lxc. I'm using
lxc 1.0.0~beta1+ from ubuntu-lxc daily ppa, and lxc-attach works fine.

> I am working with latest git tree on both fedora and ubuntu. I build it
> in both cases with --disable-python

(Again IIRC) lxc-stop behaves differently on different versions of lxc. On
older version it kills the container, while in newer ones by default it
attempts to do a clean shutdown. You can force-kill the container on newer
versions by using "lxc-stop -k".

Now in your case, I'm not sure what's different since you say you build
from latest git. Which git repo did you use? Is it
https://github.com/lxc/lxc ?

If your main concern is just the long stop time, I'd try "lxc-stop -k"
first.

--
Fajar