[lxc-users] No Redhat template

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Feb 18 08:50:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Tamas Papp <tompos at martos.bme.hu> wrote:

> On 02/18/2014 08:34 AM, Jon Brinkmann wrote:
>> I'm trying to build containers in Scientific Linux, a clone of RHEL.

>> However, when I attempt to create a container, I get:
>>
>>       # lxc-create -t redhat -n system1 -P /systems/
>>       lxc_container: No such file or directory - bad template: redhat

>> There's no sign of a redhat template.  How do I proceed?  Should I create
>> a template for it from lxc-centos and submit it to lxc-devel?

My question would be "what would you need redhat template for"?

> There is no official template for redhat.... I guess because there is no
> public redhat repository available.

Correct. lxc uses public repositories and some kind of bootstrapping
(yum, debootstrap, etc) to setup the guest container. Redhat does not
provide access to such container.

Submitting a scientific linux (SL) template would be a good idea, if
you use it often and have something speicifc that only SL can provide.
There's already oracle linux and centos template, If you just need a
working redhat-clone.

An alternative is to clone a working RHEL installation, and customize
it for lxc (using the content of lxc-centos template script as
example)

--
Fajar