[lxc-users] [Wishlist] libvir and lxc and confusion? ? ?

TuxRaiderPen tuxraiderpen at wpascanner.com
Tue Feb 11 13:44:54 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 05:16:56 bogdan.purcareata at freescale.com wrote:
> On the LXC 1.0 roadmap page [1] this feature is listed. What's the status
> on it - is it still a desired component for upcoming LXC versions?
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LXC/1.0-roadmap

I read this and then read various articles like Linux Format did about libvirt
being a "GUI frontend" to lxc and then various things about lxc-libvirt being
"different" and then something about if you have existing lxc setup you can
control them via libvirt by creating the needed file(s) this way....

So I am confused...

I find lxc useful for some things I normally would setup VMware Player to do...
managing these via the tools at least in my current setup based on 12.04 ESR
KUbuntu (I run a highly customized distro which is imaged to each system)..

I've seen another GUI tool which looked interesting too but requires a version
of lxc later than available right now...and while the lxc CLI tools are
fine.... some of the GUI stuff could be of use as well...

So I am looking to understand the diffrences of this lxc-libvirt stuff v. lxc? ?
?