[lxc-users] kernel oops

Tamas Papp tompos at martos.bme.hu
Sat Feb 8 23:22:47 UTC 2014

hi All,

This is not the first time, but this the the first, when I'm suspecting
something around lxc.

System is  an uptodate Saucy (well got uptodated after reboot).

No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    13.10
Codename:    saucy

Linux v302 3.11.0-15-generic #25-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 30 17:22:01 UTC 2014
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

LXC is from the daily ppa.

During lxc-stop the server crashed. This is the IPMI console
screenshot:
http://rtfm.co.hu/pics/lxc-stop-oops.png
However I'm not sure, if it's helpful.

There are running couple of containers and 3 KVM's (vith libvirt). They
all are using bridges for networking.

Since iptables isn't in use, I could disable it (though it suspect it's
there because of libvirt and I don't know, how it could be disabled),
but I'm not sure, would it help?
If it's not used by lxc, how it was able to make kernel panic?

Thanks,
tamas