[lxc-users] incorrect info on linuxcontainers.org

Rami Rosen roszenrami at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:46:32 UTC 2014

Hi, Ivo,

>under the lxc-create, I would say where the p1 files are actually
>created.  it seems to work magic---I don't see a new file in my home
>or Documents directory.

You can see the p1 files under /var/lib/lxc/<containerName>
In your case it will be of course /var/lib/lxc/p1

You can override this path, see man lxc_create --help (with most
recent LXC from git it is  with  -P PATH) or  --lxcpath=PATH

Moreover, the first time you are creating a container with a specified
template, the needed packages files are downloaded to /var/cache/lxc/
(by default) for most templates. Next time you will create another
container with the same template, these files from the cache will be
used, so creating it will be a bit faster.

Regards,
Rami Rosen
http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen