[lxc-users] Starting unprivileged containers at boot

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 20 02:54:58 UTC 2014

Right, cronjobs don't get a set of cgroups like a login session does.

Your use case here isn't quite clear to me though.  Is there a good
reason not to simply use containers under /var/lib/lxc with lxc.id_maps?
Root can start those just fine and they can be autostarted like normal
privileged containers.

Otherwise, you'll simply need something with privilege to create and
chown cgroups for your user containers, and have the user scripts
which call lxc-autostart move themselves into the cgroups they own
first.

Quoting Mike Bernson (mike at mlb.org):