[lxc-users] Starting unprivileged containers at boot

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Aug 19 22:02:37 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-08-19 at 16:43 -0400, Mike Bernson wrote:
> I am running ubuntu 14.04 server.

> I have a number of containers that are unprivileged containers for normal users
> on the system. I am looking for a upstart scripts/config to start the containers  on boot.

> The container do autostart correct if the user logs into the account and does lxc-autostart.

> It would ok to list the users or directories where the containers exists in some /etc/defaults
> config files so scripts do not have to search all users on the system.

IMHO, your best option there would be to use a user crontab.

crontab -e

@reboot lxc-autostart -P {path to user directory) -g {bootgroups}

Each user could then setup and control their own.  I would not set up
something on a systemwide basis to scan the user directories.  Here
there be dragons.

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com