[lxc-users] Cannot create a macvlan private bridge on lx

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Aug 13 17:48:06 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-13 at 17:39 +0000, Anjali Kulkarni wrote:
> Yes, but does this not go through the host? That is, the host's
> eth0(management) has to be in this bridge?

No it does not.  If you're using a NATed bridge, the hosts eth0 is NOT
part of the bridge.

> I want to be able to create
> multiple such bridges, so I cannot add the eth0 of host to every such
> bridge..

Then don't add eth0 to the bridge.  You just create and empty bridge and
go from there.