[lxc-users] Networking: virtual interface name

Garrett Gauthier garrett-g at outlook.com
Wed Aug 13 17:31:16 UTC 2014

To keep accounting for network traffic for each container, I need to know the virtual interface name.  The problem is that each time my container starts I get a new interface created on the host, something like vethCSR894, it is never the same.   I have tried by using lxc.network.veth.pair but that parameter is ignored and a new interace pair is cerated each time VETH##### (Host) ↔ ETH0 (Container).

So bottom line I want to create a virtual interface that is connected to my bridge and force the container to use that interface each time.

 I used Cacti but any tool has the same issue as the interface name is randomly generated each time the container starts.

Any help would be appreciated.

---Garrett