[lxc-users] How to cancel lxc-autostart

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Sat Aug 9 01:36:42 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 07:04:58PM -0400, CDR wrote:
> Correct. It is a "cancel fire bullet". I want to ask the developers to
> create a new command that would do this.

If you are asking about an automatic solution, it would help to know in which
cases you want a container (or a group) to _not_ start (the fsck example
doesn't make sense because a dedicated lxc partition would be fsck'ed on-boot).

In principle, you can go as wild as you want. For example, you can start
containers only iff a particular USB stick is inserted (this can be
straightforwardly done with systemd, but you'll have to hook into udev on an
upstart machine)...

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4