[lxc-users] Problems with ns_cgroup; container fails to start

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Wed Apr 9 17:10:02 UTC 2014

Thank you for your quick answer, Serge.

Le 09/04/2014 17:57, Serge Hallyn a écrit :
> Quoting phep (phep-lists at teletopie.net):
>> I cannot start LXC containers on my Debian testing (jessie) laptop
>> anymore. This is how everything started:
>>
>>    $ lxc-start -n test-lxc -f /var/lib/lxc/test-lxc/config
>>    lxc-start: no ns_cgroup option specified
>>    lxc-start: failed to spawn 'test-lxc'
>>    lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to remove cgroup
>> '/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset//lxc/test-lxc'
>
> Try a newer lxc.  You don't actually need ns_cgroup, but in the version
> you have it is objecting bc it finds neither ns cgroup *nor* the
> cgroup.clone_children file.  The latter *should* exist (i.e.
> /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/cgroup.clone_children), so it's probably a bug
> in that particular lxc version.

Actually, my laptop is running 0.9.0-alpha3 and when running lxc-checkconfig
I have a red output :
Cgroup namespace: required

While on a Debian stable server at work (0.8.0) I have a green :
Cgroup clone_children flag: enabled

I don't know why those differences show up.

1.0.0 should transition to Debian testing in a week or so and I will wait
until then (albeit I did not see relevant bug reports or entries in the
Debian changelog).

Thanks again,

Patrice