[lxc-users] Problems with ns_cgroup; container fails to start

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 9 15:57:27 UTC 2014

Quoting phep (phep-lists at teletopie.net):
> Hi,
>
> I cannot start LXC containers on my Debian testing (jessie) laptop
> anymore. This is how everything started:
>
>   $ lxc-start -n test-lxc -f /var/lib/lxc/test-lxc/config
>   lxc-start: no ns_cgroup option specified
>   lxc-start: failed to spawn 'test-lxc'
>   lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to remove cgroup
> '/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset//lxc/test-lxc'

Try a newer lxc.  You don't actually need ns_cgroup, but in the version
you have it is objecting bc it finds neither ns cgroup *nor* the
cgroup.clone_children file.  The latter *should* exist (i.e.
/sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/cgroup.clone_children), so it's probably a bug
in that particular lxc version.

-serge