[lxc-users] PAM auth-user problem in containers

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Apr 7 22:35:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-04-07 at 13:00 -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting István Király (LaKing at D250.hu):
> > Hello List, ..
> >
> > I have a couple of Fedora containers on a Fedora host.
> > Everything was working fine for a while but suddenly, users can not login.
> >
> > - I set password for a certain-user.
> > - I log in as another-user
> > su certain-user
> > password: <I enter the simple password>
> > su: Authentication failure
> >
> > The main problem is actually that dovecot auth is failing too, as it
> > is PAM based.
> >
> > Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.

> I suspect it's pam-loginuid.  What is your kernel version?

I just glanced at it.  pam-loginuid should not be a factor in the "su"
case.  If they are recently created containers, I nuke pam-loginuid in
the template when the container is created as well.

> -serge

Maybe selinux related?

Regards,
Mike
--
Michael H. Warfield (AI4NB) | (770) 978-7061 |  mhw at WittsEnd.com