[Lxc-users] Tap interface not deleted?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 11 18:57:13 UTC 2013

Quoting Fajar A. Nugraha (list at fajar.net):
> I have a strange issue, in that if I stop a container (i.e. "poweroff" from
> within a container) the tap interface is not deleted. I have to delete it

What tap interface?  macvlan and veth devices go away when the container
is destroyed.  But I'm not clear on how you're setting up your
container.

If I create a ap device in a container, it never shows up on the host.
If I create it on the host and pass it into the container, it goes away
when the container dies.  (Really I'm not sure why you'd do that...)