[Lxc-users] shared memory

Tamas Papp tompos at martos.bme.hu
Mon Sep 9 21:42:39 UTC 2013

hi All,

I always had issues regarding to shared memory and containers in the past. It was about postgresql
and shmmax tuning or something like that. I always solved the those issues in different way.

Now I'd like to install a DB2 server in a container. After a successful setup process I get this
error, when I try to start the database:

 Global instance memory (4KB)          (INSTANCE_MEMORY) = AUTOMATIC(20)

I guess, the problem is the same.

Is there anybody else who was able to install DB2 in a container?

Thanks,
tamas