[Lxc-users] Arkose from 13.10 repo still appears broken

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 20:27:58 UTC 2013

I'm on Ubuntu 13.10 now and it appears that although Arkose is in the
Ubuntu repositories

https://launchpad.net/arkose

it still is broken as it was in 13.04 release.

*Ah right, I remember debugging this and tracking it down to a regression
in "su" but never bothered to fix it in 13.04 as another kernel bug was
leading to loop devices leakage.
* *
My plan is to essentially rewrite Arkose to use the LXC API and extend
the API to cover all the cases I care about.
* *
However for 13.04, you're a bit stuck. You can try to directly patch
/usr/bin/arkose, changing the "su %s -c \"command\"" call by something
like "sudo -u %s \"command\"" which workaround that su behaviour change
but if you hit the same bug I did, you'll be limited to 7 run of arkose
per boot of your machine due to that weird loop device kernel bug.

*
*
Just curious if it will be resurrected as it was a great tool.

Brian*
*
*