[Lxc-users] lxc.blkio.weight question

autumn_sky_is autumn_sky_is at 163.com
Thu Oct 17 08:54:09 UTC 2013

Hi, i'm using lxc in my project, i want to control disk io speed, so i use blkio.weight, but the result is confusing.
I create 2 containers lxc1 and lxc2
lxc1: lxc.blkio.weight=100;   lxc2:lxc.blkio.weight=1000
the running scripts are same in lxc1 and lxc2:
    sync
    echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
    dd if=/var/a.img of=/dev/null bs=1M count=2000
I have read [1], and I check the io scheduler:
    noop anticipatory deadline [cfq]

I suppose that lxc1 is slower than lxc2, but the test turn out that they are in same speed.
Can you help me figure it out? Thank you.
PS: my kernel is 2.6.32, lxc version is 0.9.0
[1] http://osdir.com/ml/lxc-chroot-linux-containers/2011-12/msg00083.html