[Lxc-users] Bind mount point must be in container root?

Kaj Wiik kaj.wiik at iki.fi
Tue Oct 8 10:20:58 UTC 2013

Hi!

I noticed that in order to get bind mount (from host to container)
work, the mount point must be in container root:

This works:
lxc.mount.entry = /mnt/raid/course_data course_data none bind 0 0

This does not:
lxc.mount.entry = /mnt/raid/course_data mnt/course_data none bind 0 0

The files just do not show up, no error messages that I could see are emitted...

LXC 0.7.5-3ubuntu67, kernel 3.5.0-41-generic #64~precise1-Ubuntu

Is this expected and documented? Detecting this (and workaround) took
quite a lot of time...

Cheers,
Kaj