[Lxc-users] Recommended kernel/lxc version for Ubuntu 12.04

Jérôme Petazzoni jerome.petazzoni at docker.com
Mon Nov 18 05:54:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Robert Pendell
<shinji at elite-systems.org>wrote:

> I apologize for the noobish question here.  What's the recommended LXC
> version and Kernel version combination for Ubuntu 12.04.2?

I'd recommend to get at least kernel 3.8, as previous kernels have some
race conditions when you create/delete lots of containers in a rapid
succession.
Regarding LXC version, if you don't need fancy features, 0.7.5 (the
default) is fine; but have a look at more recent versions to see if they
have features that you like.