[Lxc-users] Recommended kernel/lxc version for Ubuntu 12.04

Robert Pendell shinji at elite-systems.org
Mon Nov 18 06:11:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Jérôme Petazzoni
<jerome.petazzoni at docker.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Robert Pendell <shinji at elite-systems.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> I apologize for the noobish question here.  What's the recommended LXC
>> version and Kernel version combination for Ubuntu 12.04.2?
>

> I'd recommend to get at least kernel 3.8, as previous kernels have some race
> conditions when you create/delete lots of containers in a rapid succession.
> Regarding LXC version, if you don't need fancy features, 0.7.5 (the default)
> is fine; but have a look at more recent versions to see if they have
> features that you like.

Thanks for replying.  I ended up getting the ppa daily build (because
I like living dangerously) and setting up kernel 3.11.0 from Ubuntu
Saucy.  To be honest I'm not expecting amazing performance here with
my environment.  I'm running on Xen-PV using PV-Grub (PyGrub is a more
common name for it I think).  The kernel is running through that setup
as the host provided kernels don't have the necessary supports
enabled.  Prior testing showed that LXC is viable in the environment
and worked in the past but bridging won't work due to the way the host
has their switches setup (no foreign mac addresses are allowed...) so
it will be nat only for me.