[Lxc-users] Bonding inside LXC container

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Fri Nov 15 13:42:21 UTC 2013

Dear Yao,

as I understand, you want to bound two physical interfaces of the host hardware to and use the bound inside a container.

	eth0--[phys]--eth0--+--bound0
	eth1--[phys]--eth1--/

Because no other -- neither host nor another container -- may use one of NICs in addition, I would suggest to put the virtual bounding interface on the host and reach through the bound into the container via a veth. To me it's seems to be a better separation of concerns.

	eth0--+--bound0--[veth]--eth0
	eth1--/

Following this way, you may also share the bound to more than one container by putting a virtual bridge between the virtual bounding interface and the virtual Ethernet adapters of the Containers.

By the way, I don't see a clear reason why your current approach may fail. May you please present you configuration here?

Greetings

Guido