[Lxc-users] Lxc-users Digest, Vol 47, Issue 13

John lxc at jelmail.com
Fri Nov 15 13:02:14 UTC 2013

On 15/11/13 12:21, brian mullan wrote:
> John...
>
> Thanks for you note also..  I'd seen a very similar Bash script for
> Arch Linux here:
>
> http://pastebin.com/zZEAk3Ny
>
> while researching all of this.
>
> Brian

Ah-ha, yes that pastebin is mine. That paste pre-dates systemd. I think
the current implementation using the autodev hook is much cleaner. I
used to have a separate script called "make_sound_devices" that was
called on the host after boot to write devs to the containers that used
alsa. This was needed because the device nodes appeared to change on
every boot. Before systemd it was possible to write a container /dev
from the host. The autodev hook does exactly the same thing but is
automated per-container during container startup. Good find though :)