[Lxc-users] Fwd: LXC and sound in container -

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 10:35:23 UTC 2013

I'd just sent in an email to the lxc-users list concerning Sound in an LXC
container and what seemed
to me a lack of any good available information about how to configure it.

Well, last night I finally figured out what I had to do to make it work
after seeing a 1 line entry in
a Debian oriented blogger's post about LXC and some other device he was
enabling in a container.

I did finally get Sound to work from a desktop running in an LXC container
in my Ubuntu 13.10 x64 system !

One thing remains though is that PulseAudio "by default" in Ubuntu appears
to be locked/owned by whichever
Desktop grabs it first.

This would prevent multiple LXC container Desktops from all using Sound
simultaneously/concurrently for multiple users.

However, *there is a solution,* requiring a per-user pulseaudio config
change that appears minimal that I've found but have
not yet had time to implement and try.

As soon as I do, I will in a few days try to document what I've done so
others interested in the same don't have to go through
the same research.

In the end my particular problem really boiled down to existing
documentation being very minimal regarding this.

Brian