[Lxc-users] clones of clones are failing to start

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Thu Jul 18 07:35:07 UTC 2013

Dear Serge,

to assist to avoid such problems i would propose to introduce macro expansion (of the own tags but also by incorporating the environment variables) into the configuration argument parser and to provide some useful basics like the container name.  Then one may use e.g.

	lxc.hook.mount = $MYCONTAINER_HOME/hooks/$lxc.name

In my personal LXC framework I need this because I want to have abstract configuration files for classes of containers. I simulate this by preparsing additional configuration files and converting it to "-s" options for lxc-start

It would be also helpful, if one may use the -f option more than once (, don't checked if this is not already possible) and if there is a meta tag to use inside a configuration file to include another ('lxc.include = foo' or '@INCLUDE foo').

Guido