[Lxc-users] Unable to create lxc CT on fedora 19

jjs - mainphrame jake at mainphrame.com
Sat Jul 6 23:11:36 UTC 2013

All,

Noob question here. I've been testing lxc on ubunbtu 13.04 and everything
just works. However, all my attempts to create an lxc CT on fedora 19 have
failed.

The result is the same when attempting to create debian, ubuntu or fedora
containers. What am I missing here?

--- output follows ---

[root at max ~]# lxc-create -n debian1 -t debian
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-debian is /usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-debian
debootstrap is /sbin/debootstrap
Checking cache download in /var/cache/lxc/debian/rootfs-squeeze-amd64 ...
Downloading debian minimal ...
I: Retrieving Release
W: Cannot check Release signature; keyring file not available
/usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
I: Resolving dependencies of required packages...
I: Resolving dependencies of base packages...
I: Found additional required dependencies: insserv libbz2-1.0 libdb4.8
libslang2

...  <snipped> ...

I: Extracting mount...
I: Extracting util-linux...
I: Extracting liblzma2...
I: Extracting xz-utils...
I: Extracting zlib1g...
W: Failure trying to run: chroot
/var/cache/lxc/debian/partial-squeeze-amd64 mount -t proc proc /proc
W: See
/var/cache/lxc/debian/partial-squeeze-amd64/debootstrap/debootstrap.log for
details
Failed to download the rootfs, aborting.
Failed to download 'debian base'
failed to install debian
lxc-create: failed to execute template 'debian'
lxc-create: aborted
[root at max ~]#