[Lxc-users] Bind mount within an LXC container

Ben Butler-Cole ben at bridesmere.com
Wed Jan 30 12:13:55 UTC 2013

Hello

I find that I can't do a read-write bind mount within a container (that is
to say, the source and target for the mount are both within the container's
own filesystem). I believe that it is being restricted to read-only by
Apparmour.

I understand that there are security reasons for denying bind mounts of the
host filesystem into a container. Are there similar concerns for mounts
within the container?

Is there a way of expressing this (allow read-write bind mounts only within
a container) in the Apparmour configuration?

Thanks for your help.
-Ben