[Lxc-users] [LXC] loop module in ubuntu template

Sujay M sujay.m17 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 18:16:18 UTC 2013

Hi Tamas,

Thanks a lot for the help. You've almost solved my problem, The previous
loop error is not there but I'm getting write-protected error when trying
to mount

root at vm0:/srv# ls -l swift-disk
-rw-r--r-- 1 ubuntu ubuntu 1000000000 Jan 10 18:01 swift-disk

root at vm0:/srv# mount /mnt/sdb1
mount: block device /srv/swift-disk is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: cannot mount block device /dev/loop1 read-only

root at vm0:/srv# chmod 777 swift-disk

root at vm0:/srv# ls -l swift-disk
-rwxrwxrwx 1 ubuntu ubuntu 1000000000 Jan 10 18:01 swift-disk

root at vm0:/srv# mount /mnt/sdb1
mount: block device /srv/swift-disk is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: cannot mount block device /dev/loop1 read-only

/etc/fstab
# UNCONFIGURED FSTAB FOR BASE SYSTEM
/srv/swift-disk /mnt/sdb1 xfs loop,noatime,nodiratime,nobarrier,logbufs=8 0
0

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Sujay M