[Lxc-users] X communication between the host and the container

Vallevand, Mark K Mark.Vallevand at UNISYS.com
Thu Aug 29 13:46:08 UTC 2013

Yes.  You can use a unix domain socket to communicate between the host and a container.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com<mailto:Mark.Vallevand at Unisys.com>
May you live in interesting times, may you come to the attention of important people and may all your wishes come true.

From: wang yao [mailto:yaowang2014 at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:21 AM
To: lxc-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Lxc-users] X communication between the host and the container

Hi all,

I try to display the applications running inside of the container (e.g. Firefox) on the screen of the host. I have achived this with the help of TCP communication between container and host, and now I want to do this with unix socket, but I am not sure whether the container can communicate with the host by the way of unix socket.

I tried to share /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 of the host with the container and export the container's DISPLAY parameter with :0.0, but this did not work. So I hope to know whether the container can communicate with the host by the way of unix socket. And if it can't, can we do something to realize it? Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Yao