[Lxc-users] X communication between the host and the container

wang yao yaowang2014 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 08:21:02 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I try to display the applications running inside of the container (e.g.
Firefox) on the screen of the host. I have achived this with the help of
TCP communication between container and host, and now I want to do
this with unix socket, but I am not sure whether the container can
communicate with the host by the way of unix socket.

I tried to share /tmp/.X11-unix/X0 of the host with the container and
export the container's DISPLAY parameter with :0.0, but this did not work.
So I hope to know whether the container can communicate with the host by
the way of unix socket. And if it can't, can we do something to realize it?
Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Yao