[Lxc-users] Working LXC templates?

Tony Su tonysu at su-networking.com
Wed Aug 28 17:31:07 UTC 2013

Was wondering if there is a source for working LXC templates for deploying
non-native distros.

Although I'm working on openSUSE, it looks like the default provided
templates are generic, for example author for the fedora template is Daniel
Lezcano and the ubuntu template is Serge Hallyn.

An example of current difficulties is that the Fedora repo system appears
to have been restructured in a major way. I've partially made modifications
to the fedora script (which was likely created sometime around fedora 14)
by modifying the repo string to "add" a "f" letter to the path as follows

RELEASE_URL="$MIRROR_URL/Packages/f/fedora-release-$release-1.noarch.rpm"

But after locating the package and downloading,
A series of errors follow beginning with a pycurl error unable to verify
the remote host using SSL.

Although I can investigate how to disable the check, I thought I might
first ask whether anyone knows of LXC scripts where you can be on a Host
running one distro and run a different distro (preferably at least Fedora
18, but interested in others as well).

BTW - If anyone else is following what I've done to this point on openSUSE,
I also figured out how to pass the "release" parameter in the template
since although the template describes passing that parameter from the
command line, it's not supported by lxc-create on openSUSE.

TIA,
Tony