[Lxc-users] Redirect localhost requests to a Linux container

Aamir Ahmad aamir.mushtaq.mailing at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 06:43:51 UTC 2013

Hi, It seems what you want to achieve can be done using ssh's local
port forwarding option set on host machine.
I see you have made use of Iptables PREROUTING. Iptables PREROUTING is
similar to ssh's port forwarding. Can you try out the ssh  (-L) option
and tell me if you had any progress.

For reference to usage of the ssh -L option, you can refer to the
"Local Port Forwarding" section in the link:
 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH/OpenSSH/PortForwarding#Local
Port Forwarding

A concern regarding use of NAT, NAT wont allow you to access the
container IP's outside the host. This is one of the reasons why i use
Bridged network together with an internal network to setup my
containers.

Regards,
Aamir Ahmad
NTT DATA